“EVERY INDUSTRY AND EVERY ORGANIZATION WILL HAVE TO TRANSFORM ITSELF IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS. WHAT IS COMING AT US IS BIGGER THAN THE ORIGINAL INTERNET, AND YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND IT, GET ON BOARD WITH IT, AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO TRANSFORM YOUR BUSINESS.” - TIM O’REILLY
In a busy world, using digital technology in the office can increase productivity and efficiency, and streamline every appointment to get patients in and out quickly. Here is another way you can integrate technology into your practice:
Online Patient Intake
Online Patient Intake Forms can help save your patient and your team time. Here are some of the benefits of integrating online registration forms into your office if you haven’t already:
- Save Money for your practice: No extra ink or paper is needed!
- More efficient front office: Your team won’t have to spend time printing forms, manually entering information, and scanning forms.
- Increased Accuracy: Patients filling out forms for themselves or their families are less likely to spell names and addresses incorrectly, and the front desk does not have to read and interpret handwritten forms.
- Privacy: Digital intake forms protect patient privacy when using secure forms with a secure internet connection.
- Decrease Cancellations & No Shows: The patient is already more invested in their appointment because they’ve already filled out forms.
- Customizable: Include all demographic, insurance, and dental/medical history information. New patient registration forms should contain all financial agreements, appointment agreements, consent for authorized persons, HIPAA forms, and any other form deemed necessary by your state.
- Emailing or Texting registration Forms: Send over forms to fill out as soon as the appointment is scheduled, followed by a reminder text or email 7 days before the appointment if the forms have not been received. Doing so gives the patient enough time to fill out forms and the front desk team time to verify insurance.
Stay tuned next month for our third way to improve your practice in our digital world!